Friday, August 21, 2009

Cats in the park


I am a cat lover. When I visited the Jardín Botánico (Botanical Gardens) in the Palermo neighborhood (open daily and it’s free), I saw a cat at the entrance. I grabbed my camera and shot a picture of the welcoming feline.
The gardens are a peaceful area in the middle of the noisy city and have samples of plants, trees and bushes that the public is allowed to touch.While following the curvy paths of the garden, I started to see more cats frolicking in the sun. It got my attention.
Then I saw a black cat and I followed him. All of a sudden, he became agitated and began climbing trees in a frenzy. I think he thought he was a puma.
This garden is home to more than 100 cats. They are tame and come to rub their bodies against you. They also follow you around. A woman entered the gardens, and all of a sudden, cats came from everywhere. It looked like a scene from a Hitchcock movie. They knew she had something in her bag for them.As for dogs, owners walk them – just like in the States. With fall temperatures in the high 50s, I saw dogs dressed in colorful jackets. Tourists should be careful while walking. Owners don’t always feel compelled to clean up after their pets.

No comments: